Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Disneyland 2011

So there will be no Christmas pictures, since I had no camera... so sad. We did have an amazing Christmas with our family though as always!! My family came over along with some friends, to enjoy our tradition of chocolate fondue on Christmas eve!! Growing up, we always had cheese fondue on Christmas eve (blech!!) It must have been a 70s thing?? Anyhow, I really hated it and decided that when I had my own family we'd do something different... Nothing better than chocolate eh??
Like most of you, my favorite part is watching the kids joy and excitement as they open gifts and the magic of those moments playing all day with new toys and games wearing new jammies. I LOVE IT!
We also have BOB... Bob is our families "elf on the shelf" He shows up on Thanksgiving and then goes home on Christmas eve. We've had him for a few years but this year I got the hint that Mackenzie isn't so sure about our elf being real anymore *sigh* Real quick I'll share a funny memory from the first year we got him. We explained how Bob works and Mackenzie said "well does he stay downstairs because I don't want him walking around in my room while I'm asleep... That is creepy" we couldn't stop laughing after she went to bed that night.
So BOB (we named him that because he really does look like Bob's big boy) goes home to Santa every night to "report" the kids behavior then shows up each morning in a "new spot" in the house. It's a fun tradition. He hides in all sorts of wacky places and I just loved that each morning for an entire month the kids would scramble downstairs to find him... Except when I forgot to move him... OOPS. Told the kids he must have been too tired to fly home that night. LOL
So this year one of the family gifts was a trip to Disneyland!! We left New Year's Day and were gone for 5 days. YES, we did... We left Nickolas with my Mom and it was FaBuLoUs!! No stroller, no leash (ha ha ha) and everyone could ride everything for the first time EVER. Wait! did I forget to mention that there were NO lines for 3 days!!! It was AWESOME ♥ We really had such a fun time together.

Everything was covered in lights for Christmas
Luke and his FAVORITE ride!
Love those crazy hats

it really is a HUGE Christmas tree!
Mac and Jack on Toy Story Mania





Mackenzie
goofing around waiting for Daddy

Randy and Mackenzie

No comments: