Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sweet dreaming ♥

So it's almost 10 and I am "supposed" to be in bed already, except for the fact that my body (or my brain rather) doesn't begin to shut down until after 10. I am working hard to get to bed earlier so I can be up by 5:45. That's the goal. I need to be up way ahead of the kids so I can meditate/visualize/pray/read and shower etc. These things are impossible to do once everyone is up. But here I sit blogging again... I have been so busy since last Summer that I neglected the blog for some time. It feels good to jot down my thoughts again (while I polish off a box of girl scout cookies...)
We got rid of the TV about 3 months ago and man, it was the BEST decision we've made in a long time. I mean, we even sent the DVR's back... REally. It was tough for about 2 days, then nobody mentioned it again, not even the kids. An absolute breath of fresh air NOT knowing every single detail that is happening in the world... Besides I have found that news does travel fairly fast even if you don't have TV it just comes from odd places. Like today, I found out on Facebook that Corey Haim died... See I still get the news. BUT oh, how I ♥ NOT having TV!! I missed Grays Anatomy (my one big sinful indulgence) but to my surprise it only lasted a few weeks and it's faded too. Oh, and I'm missing Oprah's last year on TV but I figure I'll survive. So since I was sitting here awake, without mindless TV, and not feeling like reading I was thinking about Randy...
Yes, that little trip we took to Elk Cove Inn is still fresh on my mind. I finally slowed down long enough to really ponder and be full of gratitude for Randy. It's not that I don't think about this often, but I really, really, really love him. Usually in the world we live in, you don't hear too often how wonderful love can be the more seasoned it becomes, and the more it can evolve into something greater than you could have ever imagined. You typically hear how "old" and stale it becomes... Sure it can, if you neglect it just like anything else.
I couldn't have imagined this kind of love and I can only look to the future with optimism of what lies in store for us and how much better it will get with time. It's so funny because after he was home for 3 months for his shoulder issue so many people said "oh, I bet you can't wait for him to go back to work, isn't he driving you crazy?" "NOPE" I'd reply. Infact, I am still mourning the loss of him having to go back to work. I miss him not being here during the day. So tonight as I go to sleep I will feel the overwhelming gratitude for Randy and for a wise and loving Father in Heaven who put the two of us together. We are truly blessed

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Good Post. No tv??? We've debated it.

kp said...

So there's hope for the future, and the TV thing? Impressive. I often think about getting rid of the internet. Never going to happen.

Amber said...

The TV wasn't hard... the internet on the other hand... YIKES, can't imagine. Somedays it's my only connection to the "outside world" Luckily the kids are big readers so they are reading a lot more, and so are we. It's been blissful ♥