Friday, March 12, 2010

I am NOT really a runner

So if you know me well, you know it's no secret that I really HATE to run. I am NOT a runner. I would have considered myself a runner at one point in my life, but after my cartilage transplant on my left knee 6 years ago, it's never been the same. It aches and hurts often and since I need these knees for lets say at least another 60-65 yrs (Yes, I plan to live to be 100) I am somewhat careful. Anyhow, since moving to Rocklin I am jogging. You would think that with a BS in Exercise Physiology that I would LOVE to exercise... not really the case. I LOVE the benefit though, so I do it. The mental, physical, emotional and spiritual benefits are a feast I enjoy.
I remember when we first moved here, Randy turned to me and said "everybody is out either running, riding bikes, walking dogs etc" It's TRUE and coming from our last neighbor hood, it seemed odd. I had just forgotten what it felt like to see people out and enjoying life and improving their health. The OPTIMISM is contagious!!
So I jog with Luke and Nick in my fancy RED stroller. UP, UP, UP some pretty steep hills on a wonderful trail in Rocklin. It's roughly 4 miles of hills, not a marathon but it will do for now. It's been such a great workout pushing 60 pounds of kids (and great for the BUTT) and fun for the boys to get out most mornings. We get to see wild turkeys and other wildlife too which is fun for them. I even went today in the RAIN... the boys loved seeing the raindrops splash on the rain cover to the stroller. So thank you Michelle (and Ella) for being our running buddies, thank you girl down the street for selling me your hardly used double jogger, and thank you boys for enduring your Mom's crazy notions to run in the RAIN!!

turning around and going back on the trail
we cannot be missed in our RED stroller
The sweet reward for enduring an hour run with Mom
Luke and his gal pal Ella at the park at the top of the hills

3 comments:

Joyful Noise said...

Where is this Clark Dominguez Trail? I have never seen that sign!

Sarah said...

I'm surprised you didn't see all the people out running & walking in Edgewater. Its becoming more and more evident recently. But when I drive thru Rocklin and parts of Roseville I ALWAYS see people running or biking. We try to get out and get walking 3-4 times a week.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Haha I wish we lived close so that we could run together. My stroller is red too. I know what you mean cause I have a love - hate relationship with my running.
Ok about the no tv. That's amazing and brave but I can understand what you mean, cause when people come into our master they always ask why we don't have a tv in there. sex in the room no tv :). lol. I've been going back and forth about a tv at all.
You are an amazing mommy, wifie and person