Monday, March 15, 2010

Our little homemade Junque' Box

Finally, our little (or not so little) project is done!! I've been wanting a piece of furniture with giraffe print, but it needed to be something functional. So, the compromise was a bench seat/toy box (or junk box; junque' as my Mom would spell it) Leave it to an interior decorator to come up with a fancy word like junque'... Makes you want to go out and get more junk just so you can spell it like junque' LOL!! I've been needing something for all the kids books, blankets and the baby toys that are down stairs so my house doesn't look like romper room. Here is the result!! THANKS to Fred and Reagen for helping to build it, and MOM for helping me with the upholstery
I am in LOVE with this furry print
How do you like the studded leather belt we used for a handle??
The finished product!! I'm still going to add some vinyl something to the front, any ideas?? Maybe a quote or something? Not sure yet

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That looks awesome!!! I'm getting antsy about re-upholstering my chaise lounge.

OLIVIA said...

Soo cute! I just added giraffe print pillows to my club chairs and LOVE them!

Hey, I also saw your sister at Plutos a couple of weeks ago. I heard this voice and I thought, that person is totally related to Amber! Sure enough it was your sister and we had a good laugh!