Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's only a flesh wound

Ok, so I'm realizing that I don't have to post a picture with EVERY single blog I write (although I am a visual person and like to) Is it bad when your 3 year old son comes in the house with blood streaming down his head and onto his shirt ( a white shirt of course) that for a second (after you've collected yourself and realize he's not going to die) you want to take a photo and post it to your blog?! Okay, I have serious problems... So, I didn't do it (I know, it was the right thing to do in Luke's moment of horror) So, no picture to show you the flesh wound he sustained thanks to the hand of the neighbor kid who (along with our son Jack I will add) was throwing rocks at the other kids while hiding in the bushes. SERIOUSLY boys... We thought it might need a stitch because it's pretty deep but put a butterfly band-aid on it instead and it looks okay this morning. Poor Lukas!! So, there was our drama for the evening yesterday. Will there ever come a time when a day goes by that at least one of our kids doesn't come running into the house crying (or screaming) about something?!

4 comments:

Shan B. said...

I know & feel your pain. I only have 2 & the oldest is always trying to get bandaids for nothing. I think he thinks crying will help!!

Natasha said...

ok so yeah I can relate to the whole wanting to take a pic and post it thing I find myself thinking of things all the time and say to myself oh I can post that on my blog. Glad he's ok today

Amber said...

thank you. Sick aren't we?!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

Yes, that time is called RETIREMENT! When the kiddos are married and moved out...but then the grandkids start...it's a vicious cycle! I'm a picture poster too! But now I've started my weekly weigh in wednesdays and thankful thursdays that never have pics...I call it my own version of rehab!