Wednesday, October 22, 2008

bikes+falling+asphalt=stitches

Checking out his new stitches in the mirror
SEE?!
Nice one Lukas!! Now you and Mommy will have matching scars


Seriously, no really, no seriously, what is the deal with little boys and accidents?! In the last 7 days Lukas has been hit in the head by a rock (lots of bleeding and a butterfly band aid), he then fell on the corner of Nonnie's coffee table and the glass cut and bruised under neath his eye, then today he comes in screaming again with blood dripping from his chin. He had the EXACT same accident I had as a child. He was riding his little bike down the driveway ( you know what's coming next...) he hit the junction where the driveway meets the street and BLAMMO, face first (or shall I say chin first) onto the asphalt. Shoot, I thought while trying to nurse the baby ( I really am an unsympathetic parent some times) While the baby lay screaming on the couch to be fed more, I got up to assess the damage. "It's not that bad" I kept telling myself out loud, but as I cleaned away the blood, dirt and gravel I realized "OHHHH, it IS that bad" No butterfly band aid is going to repair this amount of damage. Lucky for me Randy was almost home. I called our Doctor (who is absolutely wonderful) he said he'd wait at his office for Lukas since the office was closing. They had him in and out in no time and Lukas came home with 4 stitches and 4 lollipops. Randy is amazing and is getting used to taking the kids in for damage repair. Remember, he was the one that had to take Mackenzie in to the ER when she broke her arm (very badly, almost needed surgery) because I was in Atlanta... Thanks Daddy!! WHAT A DAY!!

7 comments:

Licia said...

Aww. Poor Lukas.. :( I can only imagine how it must feel to get stitches in the chin. I got them in my knee a few weeks ago and it still hurts.. 4 lolllipops though, thats cool! haha :)

Anonymous said...

OMG... poor little guy. Is this what I have to look forward to with little boys. I heard they are easier than girls but they get into more trouble and accidents too.
When people say the second child gets less attention then the first I believe it, as I tried to feed Trevor today, i must have stopped 5 times due to having to tend to Marren in some way or another. Hang in there kids, moms only have one set of hands!

Amber said...

YEP!!! Sad eh?!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

What's a boy without a few "battle" wounds!? Poor lukas. I hope that he is doing better.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Hey Amber, I'm so glad you have a blog. How come I didn't know about it?? I feel so bad for poor Luke. He is the most adorable little guy with stitches though;) Talk to you later.

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

wow...my little girl is the clumsy one in our family...there's always atleast one! What a nice hubby, and what a great little trooper!

Janeen said...

What a tuff Dude! Think of the ammazing scare he'll have, it will show not to mess with him when he is older. That's at least what I told Olivia when she ended up with a nice scare above her eyebrow results of playing football with the boys in the neighborhood!