Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference Bingo





Isn't it every LDS parents dream that their small children will quietly and attentively sit and watch General Conference every 6 months ?? Okay obviously we are a few years off from that dream coming to fruition but we are getting a bit closer. This conference our kids played bingo (Thanks to our Primary President) and it worked!! The kids listened as best they could to hear words like tithing, scriptures, temple, family, prophet, etc then they'd put something edible over the square until they had an entire row complete, which gave them license to gobble up their tasty treats. They had a lot of fun and it reminded us that even at such young ages we can get them to participate in the spiritual feast with us (or at least some kind of feast be it candy or otherwise) We'll take whatever we can get.

6 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Wow what great parents you are! I am going to steal that idea next April!

Shan B. said...

What a great idea. I think I'll have to give it a try & give the idea to our primary kids too.

Amber said...

I'd love to take credit for this one but my brain is not so advanced these days :-) I wonder if she got it off the church website?? It worked pretty well!!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

The past 2 conferences we have been lucky to have conference packets with bingo, word searches, cross word puzzles, coloring pages and so much more. Here's the blog of the woman who makes them...maybe it'll help in the future (she does a new one for each conference) It is really great to connect this way! I have an accident prone girl...I know all about the constant bruises and the occasional "I swear I don't beat my kid!" Anyway, glad to see you guys are doing so great!

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

OOps...forgot the link for the packets!!! Talk about brains not being so advanced these days!!!

http://coloroftheskyinmyworld.blogspot.com/

Amber said...

Thanks so much for that!! We've used these ones in the past and I couldn't remember where it came from :-)