Saturday, November 29, 2008

Goodbye Clear Water Ct.

Holy Cow, I can't believe we are almost done moving... Well you know, except for all that little stuff that seems to collect at the end of the move, the stuff you randomly just start putting into any box just to get it "moved" That's it. WE ARE TIRED! I forgot how much work it is to move. We'll be off-line for a bit while we decide which Internet provider we'll be using at our new place.

Okay, I have to share a funny story from yesterday. Our wonderful Bishop came over with some guys from the Ward to help Randy move the heavy stuff onto the truck. He brought a couple of his sons to help including his little one Daniel. So we were wrapping things up, everyone left, and suddenly we heard a noise coming from our boys bedroom. It was Daniel, playing quietly by himself with some toy trucks we hadn't put on the truck yet. The bishop had been gone for about 10 minutes and we wondered how long it would take him to realize that he forgot one :) So, our nice neighbor Earl, drove him home... I guess that's what happens when you have a pack of kids. I know, because not too long ago I was halfway to the kids School in the morning and didn't hear the baby and suddenly thought "oh, no what if I left him at home?" Lucky for me he was in the car but most days I live on auto pilot due to new baby sleep deprivation.

Anyhow, that's it, we'll update when we are settled in the next week so Goodbye to our house on Clear Water Ct. We'll miss you, our friends, neighbors and especially our ward, which we have grown to love. We've had so many wonderful times here and a part of us is sad to leave. As I've been surveying the empty house I am noticing some things which I'll say goodbye to now (and happy to do so:

*Goodbye to my striped dining room with that one last stripe I never painted because the wall wasn't straight and I couldn't figure out how to end it
*Goodbye to that one strip of sod we forgot to lay
*Goodbye to that little bit of sealant we ran out of when sealing the concrete in the back which gave us some shiny and some dull stamped/colored concrete
*Goodbye to the truck border that Jack peeled off the wall when he was 3 (right after I put it up)
*Goodbye to the white walls in our bedroom that we never painted
*Goodbye to all the unfinished projects that we never quite got to...

Be well good house, and we pray that the next family that graces your presence will find as much joy and happiness as we have :) Time to move on and keep making memories!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you moved! Call me when you get a chance and I'll try your cell. Hopefully you still have the same number. Good thing you got me to start bloggin'

Shan B. said...

Hey, where did you move? Shows what a good friend I am. Hope your packing is uneventful. One time Brad thought I had Sonny & he left him home in bed sleeping. Luckily Blake's school isn't too far away. I've never done that but who's to say it could never happen.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

We'll miss you more than you'll miss us. Thank you so much for your friendship. You are such a great person. Good luck to you guys. Don't be a stranger just cause you left onto greener pastures.

2KT Faupula girls said...

We will miss you guys! Take care and keep in touch. Who knows, it always seems like the Faupula's are always near somehow! LOL! I am sure Keiko will be the first to follow!

OLIVIA said...

Wow Amber! I can't believe you moved too. I love the last minute good-byes. Believe me, our list was just as long too. Take care and we look forward to bumpin' into you!

Knudson said...

In defense of myself, I did come back and Earl was just leaving his house with Daniel! It wasn't 10 min but maybe 5. We will miss you guys too! Take care and please keep in touch! We look forward to seeing pictures from your new home and the things that will be going on in your life!
Love the Knudson's

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I sent a christmas letter to your old address, hopefully it will get forwarded. Shoot me an email with your new address when life settles down a bit!

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hi Amber!
I am trying to address my Christmas cards and I realized that I need a new address for yours! Could you email me it so I can head to the post office? takbwheeler4@yahoo.com Thanks!

I hope that you guys are doing well and settling in at your new place!

Anonymous said...

I will miss all your energy!! Good luck to you all in your new place...
~The Carrs