Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grateful

Happy Thanksgiving! It's been an interesting one for us this year, a bit nontraditional but a grateful one for sure. We spent most of the day moving... Been waiting for keys and they came sooner than we thought so what the heck, we packed the truck last night (almost all night long) and took a load over at 8 AM this morning (we were on a schedule because my FABULOUS Mother was meeting up with us to take our kids until Tuesday :) Well everyone except the baby of course. YAHOOOO. So we unloaded, met up with Mom and Cal at Home Town Buffet. (Yes, we ate our Thanksgiving feast at Home Town Buffet) I must say that I haven't been to a buffet in at least 5 yrs or so, and the food was so good I was remembering why... CALORIES. Yummy and no mess to clean up. So, my Mom took the kids home with her and Randy and I went home with Nickolas to veg for the evening. So not the most ideal day to start moving but it worked out. We found out we'll have more great neighbors ( we LOVE our current neighbors which have become great friends) We are 8 houses away from a FANTASTIC park which backs up to the kids new school!! Yes, they can now walk to school. I am so grateful that we found such a great house in a great neighborhood next to a great School for the kids. Grateful.

I have been keeping a gratitude journal for a long time now, so I won't post my entry here but I am truly blessed and I know it, and am grateful for the awareness of it. I am grateful to have a wise, loving Heavenly Father. I am grateful for happy, healthy kids, grateful that Randy really is my dearest friend, grateful to be loved by so many, grateful for wonderful friends, grateful for devoted parents, grateful to be close to my siblings, grateful for growth, grateful for the kindness of others, grateful to have the strength to weather life's storms, grateful for the peace I feel amid the chaos that surrounds me. Just GRATEFUL... Far too many items to list.

2 comments:

Knudson said...

We are really going to miss having you in our ward! I am glad that you found a great place to live. It will be nice to be closer to things. I know you will miss your 20 min drive in the mornings taking your kids to school!
Love you guys!
Cameron & Rebecca

Janeen said...

I didn't know that you were moving. I hope that all the unpacking goes well. I do have one thing about moving that I love, that is getting rid of things I thougth I needed to keep, and there are two times to do it, once when you first pack and the second when you unpack. What can I say, I'm goofy!