Saturday, September 27, 2008

Mackenzie's "Incredible" 7th Birthday

Determined to see what's inside!!
YAHOOOO!! For new roller blades
Mackenzie is 7
Nickolas and Logan enjoying the party

pizza anyone?
Lukas and Daddy watching the bumper cars
Lauryn and Mackenzie
Emily, Grandma Susie, Lauryn and Mac
Make a wish!!
Mommy, Nickolas and Mac
Playing games
Luke figured out the games real quick!
This ride was right about Jack's speed...
Auntie April loves to play!

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY MACKENZIE NICOLE!!

Mackenzie turned 7 today!! We had an "incredible" party at John's Incredible pizza with our family. Everyone feasted on pizza, pasta, salad, bread sticks and plenty of dessert. The fresh mini doughnuts were a huge hit for everyone. We played video games, bowled, rode the rides including the mini roller coaster and enjoyed cake and presents. Mackenzie received some wonderful craft projects (which she loves, because she's so creative!) new clothes, books, a game, money and roller blades which she hasn't taken off since. I am praying she doesn't try to wear them to bed tonight... ha ha. We had such a good time with our family and we are so grateful that we are close enough to enjoy these special moments. So Happy Birthday to our crazy little princess Mackenzie. We love you so much and are blessed you are ours. Okay now a funny note. We have been keeping a family gratitude journal for about a year now with our kids that we update every few days or when we remember. Before bed we'll go around the room and ask what things each are grateful for that day and then I write it down in the book next to their name. Mackenzie had asked me if she could have her very own gratitude journal since she can write now, so we bought her one for her birthday. I found it later this evening in the kitchen and wondered if she'd started writing it yet. She had, and this is was she wrote:

I am gratfle for my famaly = I am grateful for my family

I am gratfle for frenz = I am grateful for friends

I am gratfle for Niklis = I am grateful for Nickolas

Then she must have asked all her friends who were in the garage playing today what they were grateful for and this is what she wrote:

Jourdin is gratfle for Sokr = Jordan is grateful for Soccer

Jack is gratfle for diprs = Jack is grateful for diapers?

Josh is gratfle for name tags.

Anyhow, it struck me that even when we don't think our children are paying any attention to what we are trying to teach them, they are. It made my heart smile. Today I am grateful for Mackenzie and her shining example to all of us.



6 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie! I wish that I could find a pair of pink roller blades in my size. Those are adorable! I LOVE the gratitude journal. I think that I may start one of those tonight! Thanks for letting me steal that idea. my kids need a gratitude reminder- then again so do I! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mackenzie! I can remember when your mommy and daddy brought you home and I met you for the first time. Gosh, you've grown into a very pretty little girl!

Natasha said...

hey amber I found your blog through Tiffany's your little family has grown so much wow. I remember when we had our boys when we were all in young women s with Shannon. My how the time flies I can't believe your little girl is already 7 mine is 8 wow. come check us out sometime. nsblair.blogspot.com

Scrap Happy Mommy of 2 said...

I can't believe Mac is 7!!! All your kids are absolutely GORGEOUOS!!! But seriously, what should I expect from 2 gorgeous parents! We miss you guys! I found you through tiffany vuki's blog, I hope you'll play catch up with me! visit me (staci cobabe) at

iseeyoumommyof2.blogspot.com

Shan B. said...

so, i thought you only had myspace...guess i was wrong. found you on tiff's blog. i'm totally adding you to mine. we are beltram921.blogspot.com. i can't believe mackenzie is 7!!! crazy!! looks like you had fun.

Knudson said...

Amber, I found you and i love your Blog! what beautiful pictures! i will get you the ones i took so you can add them baby Nick is so adorable and I think you did somehow clone him! he does look so much like luke! you better label all pictures! love you, Rebecca