Wednesday, August 20, 2008

It's the first day of School!!

So today was the first day of School for the Onstine kids! Jacksen started kindergarten and Mackenzie is now in the first grade. Jack was reminding me of the movie Nemo when he is getting ready for school because he kept saying "it's the first day of school, it's the first day of school" as he was getting up at 6 am. I was up feeding the baby so he sat next to me for the next hour talking about what his first day would be like. Hopefully tomorrow he'll sleep in a bit more :-) Everyone was up enjoying chocolate chip pancakes and sausage before long, then off to brush teeth. Lukas packed his cars lunchbox too (but with about 20 Disney Cars) Although we took his picture along with other kids, he was quite disappointed that he didn't actually get to stay at the school today. It was certainly a learning experience to get everyone up, and ready along with the new baby. Hopefully in a week's time we'll have
worked out all the bugs.
Mackenzie and Jacksen's classrooms are right next to each other which is nice for them. Jack sat right down at his table and began to do an art project as we were leaving this morning. He is so excited to learn to read like his big sister. When we arrived at Mackenzie's classroom we noticed that there were no desks only beach towels all over the floor... Mrs. Ortega let us know that the new desks will arrive next week and that in the meantime they'll be on the floor on towels learning all about the beach and Hawaii!!
Mackenzie was so excited. They both came home bubbling
with the news of what had gone on today. When we asked Jack what he liked best he said "my lunch and all the snacks" You must know that Jack never stops eating so we weren't surprised by that. Mackenzie said she loved listening to Hawaiian music and learning about how the islands were formed. We can't wait to hear all about it again tomorrow. Lukas is really adjusting to not having Jacksen around with him during the day. He and Jack are good buddies and play together really well. He misses Jack but it's going to give me some much needed one on one time with him during the school year. It's going to be a great year at Marcum Illinois Elementary I can tell!! OH and I secretly hope that Mackenzie's top teeth don't ever come in because we have fallen in love with her toothless smile!

3 comments:

Cuddles, Kisses & Tantrums said...

Hi Amber. Congratulations on the newest addition to your family! I am so excited that you are joining the world of blogging. My sister made me join last fall and I have reconnected with all kinds of relatives and friends from high school. It will be GREAT to get to know you guys as well!

School started for us this week too. Brayden started kindergarten, so now I am home all alone! I've been crying for the past two weeks, but today I went grocery shopping for the first time without kids trying to "help." It was bliss! Things are gonna start looking up! :) Your family is beautiful. I can't wait to see your future blogs! Do any of your sisters blog? Have a great day!

Ariann

Just Sue said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, kindergarten, first grade, one:one with Luke, and a infant. When in the world will you ever find time to blog?

Janeen said...

Happy day, you’re a bloger. I’m so excited that we can keep up with all the crazy life’s we have with our little families. I have added you to my invite list with the email address with juno. Let me know if that is not right.

Nic is so cute; I just want to eat him up. I am so excited for you and your little family. We will be coming down in December for Betty the Greats birthday party. Hopefully we will see you then, but until then we can blog and have fun doing it.