Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The sweeter side

So I suppose when I get sick of looking at our blog without photos, I'll dig around for the charger for my camera?? Anyhow, in the meantime I'll share a funny thing that Lukas said to me yesterday. I was standing in the kitchen, he at the table eating lunch:
Me: asking out loud "Is Jack's library day Monday or Tuesday?" (I knew he'd left his book at home)
Luke: "Mom, are you talking to me, or are you talking to yourself?"
Me: "Well, I am talking to myself, why do you ask?"
Luke"Because it's really annoying"

This wouldn't be as funny if it were my 5 or 7 year old being aware and making comments but it just seemed so funny that my barely 3 year old is having this conversation with me. And he can't even really say the word annoying so he said something like "banoying" Anyhow, there's my laugh for the day. Oh, how fun it is when your mouthy older ones are the ones who are teaching the younger ones... I'll be so happy that most of them will be in School when our cute littlest one is really learning to talk.

Now on the sweeter side. Today I FINALLY had a scrap of time to sit with Luke and do some puzzles. I had finally gotten Jack to School and the baby was down for a nap.
Luke: You are a really good Mommy, Mommy
Me: Really, because sometimes I don't think I'm doing a good job at being a Mommy
Luke: "Well, when you do puzzles with me, I think you are doing a good job
Oh, that surely got me thinking to myself, if only I could sit and do puzzles all day long... But, I can't... So you do what you can, when you can. Today I am grateful for puzzles and that in that moment a 3 year old gave me the reassurance I needed...

8 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Funny stories... He's right, you're a wonderful mommy.

Knudson said...

I agree! You are a great mommy! Maybe the other comment was true too, just kidding! We miss you guys. I am glad all is going well.

Cameron & Rebecca

Shan B. said...

That is so funny. Kids say the darndest things. Wouldn't it be great if we could just lounge around & play all day. One can only dream. :)

Michelle Elena said...

How funny and how sweet

Licia said...

Thats so sweet.. He's so cute.. by the way Did you get the package i sent you?

2KT Faupula girls said...

Kids are what makes us special and we get the greatest oppurtunity to capture those neat and precious moments! And yes I agree with your son, your an Awesome Mommmy!

Bugg's mama said...

Amber! Nah, wie geht's? Remember me? No, I'm not a former missionary comp but I did serve in Berlin. I have no idea how I stumbled onto your site...? You & your family look great. Have fun!

Janeen said...

I love that same feeling you get when you play with your kids, but then you relize that the world still keeps moving and someone is going to have to make dinner or clean that toilet becuse it's not going to happen by it's self.