Sunday, December 28, 2008

Would you like a nurse-maids elbow for Christmas?!

Well, as soon as I find the charger to my camera, I'll be able to post some pictures we took at Christmas... In the meantime, I'll post a bit. We had a really nice Christmas despite moving just a few weeks ago. We always spend the Sunday before Christmas at my Dad's house with family, which was a great time for all the cousins to play together tearing his house up :) We ate delicious foods and talked about our experiences with gift giving. We decided a few years ago to stop exchanging gifts as adults, and to donate the money we would have spent on each other, to various charitable causes. Seriously, what could we possibly need?! Then, when we get together at my Dad's house, we talk about what we did, and how we felt. The best part about it, is that now that my Kids are getting older, they can participate with us and feel what it feels like to give to those that are in need. Anyhow, it's my favorite part of the Holidays.

Christmas Eve, my sister April and her husband Peter stopped by, which was perfect timing. Lukas (our 3 yr old) was throwing a tantrum and when I went to take him upstairs for bed I pulled his arm one way, he pulled another and I gave him a nurse-maids elbow... Seriously. I didn't realize it at first until he wouldn't lift his arm to put his jammies on. So, we went downstairs where Doctor Hull (Uncle Pete) twisted and turned it, until it was all better. Certainly was good timing don't you think, and saved us a trip to Pete's E.R. YAHOO, after a bit of ice on the elbow, the incident was forgotten (not by me, of course) It's always a party when you have little ones.

Christmas morning our kids actually slept in a bit, which was nice!! So at 8 AM we had a feast of a breakfast, then opened up gifts. Plenty of toys for everyone thanks to SANTA.

For Christmas, my Mom and Cal came to spend a couple days, and my brother Mark and his friend came for dinner. We had a good time playing games and eating (of course). I am sad to see Christmas go, but will be happy to get back into our normal (but crazy) routine of life. The season gave us much time to reflect on what's truly most important to us as a family; good health, a warm bed, family, friends, memories, the Savior and each other. What a blessing. Wishing you all a wonderful, prosperous and growth-filled new year.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm glad to hear you are all doing so well. RJ has been asking about Luke. I'll have to show him the blog so he'll know his comrade in cars is doing just fine.